Tuesday, March 15

DIY: Make a "Bunny Munch" Jar


I've been making little (and big) Bunny Munch Jars for some friends and co-workers who could use a little lift. It's easy, and it's a good way to use up some of my canning jars!

These can be made as healthy or as candy-laden as you wish. I have started eating a lot of Jordan almonds - delicious and healthy, too.



Supplies:

Canning Jar
Edible Easter Grass
Variety of small goodies to put inside

Take your clean, very dry jar, and pull off some strands of edible Easter grass. Curl them around your hand and place in the bottom of the jar.

HINT: If you don't have edible Easter grass, a good work-around is to take a handful of regular basket grass and put it in a plain baggie. Twist the baggie shut and place in jar, twisted side down, so that it doesn't open. If you're out of baggies, use a piece of plastic wrap.

Add in the goodies you want the recipient to have. I advise eating any and all "odd" looking pieces of candy. You know, the more I looked, the odder they looked, so I had to eat quite a few. *wink*

Screw on the lid.

Optional: Hang a tag from the neck of the jar, or tie some raffia or a ribbon around it. 

DECORATION HINT: If you have a plastic or china bunny or fluffy chick, put a glue dot or some hot glue and glue it to the top of the lid! I often use a little salt shaker for my top decoration.

I was going for a rustic look, but the lid from the jar just pulled right off (and darned if it wasn't a new jar), so I hunted up a pink lid and went with that. There's no way to do these wrong!

4 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • Anonymous

    Hmm, I have never heard of edible Easter grass. What will they think of next? What a great idea about the little salt shaker. There are so many fun designs! Have a great day. Raining here.

  • Joanne Noragon

    What a sweet idea to pass along those old canning jars!

  • Emma Springfield

    How I love this idea! And it would be a fun project for the children.

  • Cynthia

    Edible Easter grass? Really? Your jars are adorable. And what a great excuse for tasting candy! My favorite is Cadbury eggs so I would have to use some of those.

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.